By Martha B. Jacob –
It was a good meeting for members of the H.E.R.O. Tribute group held on March 6. The group has been working for over a year and will successfully bring the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall to Brown County May 11 through May 14 this year.
The meeting was opened by co-chair Annette Fitzpatrick. Bill Graybill was unable to attend the meeting due to illness.
Rick Banyea, treasurer for the group reported that the group currently has $6,237 in its checking account and $4,289 in the Health and Wellness account for a total of $10,525.
The quarter raffle held in Fayetteville at the fire department building raised $1,725, which pleased everyone at the meeting.
“Another school in Blanchester, which is outside the county has asked for our help with transportation to the fairgrounds,” Fitzpatrick said. “If we have the funds available, after we take care of all our Brown County schools, we will try and help them out.”
It was pointed out at the meeting that the Fayetteville Fire Department was a big help in organizing the event, and they were greatly appreciated.
In other business at the meeting, it has been determined that at least three vendors will have food for sale at the event which include A & A Hitching Post of Mt. Orab, Rockin Robin’s from Ripley and Big E.
“We will be feeding our volunteers,” Fitzpatrick said. “Mt. Orab Auto Mall has donated $1,250 towards the cost to feed our volunteers. That’s a wonderful gesture on their part, and that will make a big difference in our expenses. It won’t cover the full amount but it shure would help.”
It was also reported that:
• the Ripley S.A.L. Group will be running a Pepsi booth as well as a booth being offered by Eastern Star
• Rich Dyer will be in charge of parking
• John Deere will provide eight Gators for transporting
• Tractors will also be provided to pull shuttles and the Masons will help with both parking and the shuttle
• Sheriff Gordon Ellis will provide manpower to be on hand to help at 7 a.m. on Thursday and again at 9 a.m. on Sunday
• Maysville VFW will be giving out flyers and have been invited to attend
• Ed Bailey will be contacting TV channels 5, 9, 12 and 19
• Pictures of the KIA’s are needed to go with the wreaths and plaques
• Girl Scouts have donated 100 boxes of cookies
• Donations of bottled water are still needed.